It was about two years ago when I realized that I needed to homeschool my son. Now we’re in the middle of his first grade year, and I cannot imagine any other way. We brainstormed together some of the reasons we are grateful for homeschooling. Here are our reasons.
- We get to follow our interests, and we have time to do so.
- We get to spend more time together.
- We get to learn a lot more. (I can tailor our learning to Raisin’s exact level!)
- Raisin gets to spend more time with his little sister Strawberry.
- Strawberry gets to see that school and learning are a part of everyday life.
- Raisin gets to teach Strawberry and practice reading with her.
- Raisin can stay up late if he wants.
- We don’t have to start school until 9 or 9:30 if we don’t feel like it.
- Raisin does not have to go on a school bus.
- Raisin has extra time to play every day.
- Raisin has time to help with the chores.
- We can have time to go places as a family and do educational field trips, as a family.
- Raisin gets to go to co-op (he wanted to be sure I added this).
- I know his classmates at co-op, as well as their parents.
- Raisin gets to go to swim and gym every week.
In short, homeschooling brings our family closer together as we learn and experience life together. I wouldn’t change it for the world.
What are you grateful for this week?
image by Kevin Conners