This week I thought I’d send some fun numbers activities and games in my daughter’s workbox. I’m finding that because she’s such an active one, I’ve got to give her lots of active games each week. I can picture her spreading these games out on the floor to enjoy.
- Numbers (1-5) tubes. I found this activity on Pinterest (see the blog post here) and I loved it! I was able to replicate it without too many difficulties, and Strawberry enjoys playing with the set.
- Ducky Counting (posted as a freebie at my shop). I made this a few months ago. My daughter loves her ducks!
- Numbers counting mats. This was an inexpensive game I bought for my son when he was young. My daughter likes matching the numbers and the backside has places to match the items to the correct room it belongs in.
- Self-Correcting Number Puzzles (1-6). These game from a larger game (afflink) that I got years ago! I only selected out the 1-6 cards so Strawberry can play with a limited number of puzzles at a time.
- Puzzle Counting Book. Books are so much fun when they are also puzzles! This Caillou book was a gift (afflink).
- Miscellaneous picture books about numbers concepts. (not pictured). I have 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed and Chicka-Chicka 1-2-3 (afflinks). I may find more to add in!
What do you do to introduce number concepts to your young child?