It was about two years ago when I realized that I needed to homeschool my son. Now we’re in the middle of his first grade year, and I cannot imagine any other way. We brainstormed together some of the reasons we are grateful for homeschooling. Here are our reasons.
- We get to follow our interests, and we have time to do so.
- We get to spend more time together.
- We get to learn a lot more. (I can tailor our learning to Raisin’s exact level!)
- Raisin gets to spend more time with his little sister Strawberry.
- Strawberry gets to see that school and learning are a part of everyday life.
- Raisin gets to teach Strawberry and practice reading with her.
- Raisin can stay up late if he wants.
- We don’t have to start school until 9 or 9:30 if we don’t feel like it.
- Raisin does not have to go on a school bus.
- Raisin has extra time to play every day.
- Raisin has time to help with the chores.
- We can have time to go places as a family and do educational field trips, as a family.
- Raisin gets to go to co-op (he wanted to be sure I added this).
- I know his classmates at co-op, as well as their parents.
- Raisin gets to go to swim and gym every week.
In short, homeschooling brings our family closer together as we learn and experience life together. I wouldn’t change it for the world.
What are you grateful for this week?
image by Kevin Conners
Unless otherwise noted, images on these posts are either taken by myself or are used under a no attribution required license from pixabay.com, Dollar Photo Club, depositphotos.com, or GraphicStock.com (affiliate links).