We will be celebrating with a friends and family lunch and I have decided to be patriotic in honor of the upcoming holiday! What could be better than a fruit salad?
This is so easy, I almost feel silly posting it. But I want to share it because it is so delicious to have such a mix of fruit.Jump to Recipe
This is a perfect Kid-Friendly Kitchen recipe. My kids help wash and cut the berries and banana. I cut and juice a lemon and cut the apple. Voila! Red, white, & blue “American” Independence Day fruit salad.
The kids love asking for “American salad.” Personally, I love fruit so this is always a delicious addition to our lunch.
Here’s the simple recipe!
American Fruit Salad
- 8-10 strawberries medium sized
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1 banana
- 2 apples small
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lemon juice from one lemon
- First, rinse the strawberries and raspberries. Cut the tops off of the strawberries and slice into bite-sized pieces. Place in the serving bowl.
- If desired, peel the apples. Cut a banana and dice the apples. Add to the bowl.
- Rinse the blueberries and add to the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon. Sprinkle the lemon juice on the fruit. Toss gently to avoid bruising the fruit.
- Serve the fruit salad! Keep any leftovers in the fridge.
Want more last minute Independence Day ideas? Check out these other blogs!