Ducks Cross-curricular picture book lessons includes more than a dozen different hands-on activities and even more ideas for learning about ducks for the youngest kids. There are activities to keep little ones busy for days as you read picture books together and explore ducks in a variety of contexts!
- An Annotated list of picture books, with ideas for incorporating them into social studies, language arts, science, and mathematics
- Discussion question starters for two of the books
- Reading response pages relating to three of the books
- Tracing practice pages (7)
- ABC ducks (uppercase/lowercase)
- Duck craftivity
- Duck counting cards/numeral recognition self-correcting puzzles
- Duck addition puzzle cards
- Duck and Swan life-cycle spinners
- Sink or float experiment
- Duck pond habitat clip-it/task cards
- Five Little Ducks/Six Little Ducks nursery rhyme pages
Many of the activities have Spanish translated pages.