It is autumn time! I love watching the passing seasons, and fall is no exception: I love the day by day changes on the maple tree in the back yard, and the cool breezes are refreshing. I know I say it at the start each season, but I love this time of year! It is always fun to bring the season in to our learning themes for our homeschool. Below are 20 great learning activities, printables, and games for lower elementary aged kids. I hope you find just what you’re looking for!
Make sure you check out the other bloggers with great ideas below this post.
Fall Language Arts
Autumn gives us apples, pretty leaves, and more to work with as we ponder creative writing, vocabulary learning, and more!
- Fall Leaf Word Tree by Nurture Store (shown above)
- Spelling Word Game from the Measured Mom (shown above)
- October Writing Prompts from This Reading Mama
- Apple CVC word practice by There’s Just One Mommy
Fall Mathematics Ideas
Leaves and acorns falling, candy accumulating — fall is also a great time to bring the season to the math class. Here are some fun math ideas for fall.
- Outdoor Acorn Math activities by Living Montessori Now (shown above)
- Apple Math with Life with Moore Babies (shown above)
- Fractions and Candy by Inspiring NH Kids
- Apple Tree Math free printable by Itsy Bitsy Fun
Fall Science Ideas
Because the changing season is so obvious in fall, it is very easy to bring learning activities in to the season! Here are some of the best ideas I’ve found.
- Why Do Leaves Change Color? Experiment by How We Learn (shown above)
- Leaf Identification Cards (Free Printable) by Wildflower Ramblings (shown above)
- Apple Life Cycle printable from Line upon Line Learning (shown above)
- Apple Science Experiment by Coffee Cups and Crayons (shown above)
- Activities for Exploring Trees in the Fall by Mommy Loves Trees
- Science Activity: Exploring Pumpkins by Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Fall Nature Study from Ben and Me
In the early elementary years, subjects are so easily merged: choose a theme and do as many activities to go along with it as you can. Here are some great cross-curricular learning ideas for fall.
- Learning Ideas from Two Fun Fall Books by Line upon Line Learning
- Fall Educational Activities for Kids by Premeditated Leftovers
- Celebrating Fall by Planet Smarty
- Fun Fall Ideas by Real Life at Home
See More Fall Ideas
These other parent bloggers have also shared round-ups with fall ideas for decorating, learning, playing, and crafting. Check out their posts after you’re done here.
[inlinkz_linkup id=444021 mode=1]