After reviewing the Goldilocks story with your class, revisit or teach kindergarten mathematics with these friendly worksheets. Although the included worksheets do not directly relate to the picture book stories you have read, the familiar characters may make Kindergarten math practice a little more fun.
All activities are included in color and black and white. Here’s what is included!
Counting from 1 to 10
- Fill-in-the-blank counting cards (3 pages) as well as identical clip cards (3 pages)
- Counting beds: Match the ten frame to the correct numeral (1 page)
- Color by Number: Count the circles in the ten frames. Color each portion of the image with the correct color. (1 page)
- Compare two boxes and circle the box with the greater number of items (or use these cards in a center or game) (2 pages)
- Circle the numeral that represents the greatest number. (1 page)
- Compare the size of an item on the left and circle the item on the right that is the same size. (2 pages)
Finish the Patterns
- Cut and paste the correct image at the end of each line to finish the patterns. Consider using the color pages as a file folder or center game. (2 pages)
Adding up to 10
- Circle items to match the number of items Mama Bear needs. For example, she needs 5 bowls, four are circled, so we must circle one more. (1 page)
- Addition word problems: draw the number of items the person needs and write how many more were needed on the line. (1 page)
- Addition equation worksheets or clip cards with Goldilocks. Students can circle the correct sum or clip a clothes pin over the correct sum for each problem. (4 pages)
- Addition Color-by-Number (color by sum). Color the picture according to the guide after students have added the indicated numbers.
Missing and Scrambled Numbers
- Fill in the missing numbers in the hundreds chart. (2 pages, ten numbers missing on each page)
- Write the numeral missing from each sequence. (1 page)
- Scrambled Puzzle: Unscramble the numbers from 1 to 10. This is included twice, once in 1 to 10 order and once already in a scrambled order. (2 pages)