This packet is a picture book lesson for the book El rojo es mejor by Kathy Stinson (Annick Press, 2014). This lesson plan and game includes the following pages:
- Flashcards of each of the eight red items that Kelly loves, with real photos. These flashcards are provided twice, once with English and once with Spanish.
- Charts to sort the flashcards into categories based on how “red” would be translated (rojo, roja, rojos, rojas)
- A worksheet to practice the eight vocabulary words
- A worksheet to practice determining proper adjective gender based on the same eight red items
- A full-color worksheet to practice determining proper adjective gender for other colors and other clothing vocabulary
- A writing prompt (in both Spanish and English)
- A page to write down additional Spanish vocabulary words found in the book
- A graph to take a poll as to favorite colors among classmates, family, and friends
A copy of the book is not included. Many of the activities can be completed without it.