Time for a Five for Friday to wrap-up my week! I also have a freebie for you. It’s vocabulary flip pages about motion and forces. I’m linking up with Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers’s Weekly Wrap-up, Doodlebug’s Five for Friday, and Teaching Blog Addict’s Freebie Friday.
1. A new month means a new facebook fans-only freebie! This is only if you want to become a “fan” of Line upon Line Learning. If you don’t want to, that’s fine. Go move on down to number 2. This month I created a “garage sale day” for your students to enjoy “shopping” while practicing budgeting, counting money, and decision making.
2. This week was fall weather in Chicagoland. I loved it! Mid-70s, a little overcast and off-and-on rain. Today however, was back to death-by-humidity in the mid-80s. At least it’s not 100+, but I was hoping for more of the fall weather! It’s the best.
3. I spent last night cutting out papers for the lapbooks for a science camp I’m doing for my son and his little friends. It should be a fun time. I’m using this lesson plan set, which I got back in May during a TPT sale, and which has complete scripted lessons, worksheets, and lapbook pages. It will be fun to make this science camp fun for my son and his friends.
4. That said, I’m a bit apprehensive as to how it will all work out, as I’m really not used to teaching a group of kids in my house and science is not my strongest point. How do public school teachers do this every single day with a full classroom?! But I suspect it will all be fine. The lesson plans are well detailed. I’m just about set to go with it.
5. In addition to the included lapbook pages in the product I purchased, I also made up a vocabulary flip chart. Print these on two pages, cut the solid lines on the first product, and glue it to the second page. You have a way to practice some vocabulary about forces and motion.
[ddownload id=”1156″ text=”Download Vocabulary Flip Pages” style=”button” color=”blue”]