What could be more random and fun than Shark Week? It’s a week to celebrate sharks, a creature that inexplicably feared more than others, despite the fact that they don’t actually want to eat people.
People celebrate Shark Week by watching cheesy “Sharknado” movies and learning about sharks. I thought I’d try something different this year, so I came up with a shark ice cream option. Keep reading for the recipe.Jump to Recipe
Why Shark Ice Cream?
Some of you may be wondering, why shark ice cream? My only response would be “why not?” This is a celebration in the summertime, and what makes summer better than ice cream!
Shark Ice Cream
- stand mixer
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small tub white icing
- 1 drop light blue gel food coloring
- 10 each shark gummies
- coconut extract optional
- Place heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Add flavoring (optional), such coconut extract. Blend for 4 minutes on low speed and adjust speed to medium as it thickens. Once it resembles whipped topping, then it's ready.Note: This can also be done with a hand blender with whisk attachment but will take much longer
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk and light blue food coloring. Then pour half into a 9 inch square pan.
- Drop some of the white icing in different places into the light blue mix. Do not stir. Then top with more light blue cream and shark gummies.
- Once the ice cream is all in the pan. Place in the freeze for at least 6 hours but best if frozen overnight.
- Scoop the ice cream into cones or bowls for a marbled effect. Enjoy!