Play BINGO to let students practice reading compound words. The first in the group to get four words in a row, in any direction, wins the game.
Play in small groups or as a whole class!
Each card has sixteen words, from the following list of 22 words: rainbow, raincoat, snowman, snowball, toothbrush, toothpaste, fireman, cupcake, keyboard, clipboard, sunflower, sunglasses, flowerpot, pancake, notebook, paintbrush, swimsuit, butterfly, football, horseshoe, eggplant, bookbag.
(Click each item to go to that page in this document.)
- Blank BINGO board and b/w compound words/images. These allow students to cut-and-paste to create their own BINGO boards.
- BINGO calling cards. Includes pages with two colorful images, as well as in two-word format. Randomly call out clues, by showing or calling out the two separate words. Students should find the compound word on their own BINGO card.
- 30 BINGO cards. These are provided twice as follows:
- Only the compound words (pages 11-38)
- With compound word and a b/w picture (pages 41 to end).