In my series 10 Days of Picture Book Preschool Lessons, I’ll share some learning and activity ideas based on the following picture books.
- Inside, Outside, Upside Down by Stan and Jan Berenstain (Monday, July 11)
- The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown (Tuesday, July 12)
- Crossing by Philip Booth (Wednesday, July 13)
- Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman (Thursday, July 14)
- How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman (Friday, July 15)
- My Heart is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall (Saturday, July 16)
- Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle (Sunday, July 17)
- I’m a Hungry Dinosaur by Janeen Brian (Monday, July 18)
- The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray (Tuesday, July 19)
- Ideas for Using Picture Books to Teach (Wednesday, July 20)
Here are more picture book lesson posts and ideas I’ve shared for the preschool age group.
- A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle
- Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin! by Lloyd Moss
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- The Friendly Beasts by Tomie dePaola
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr.
- Then and Now by Peter Firman
- I’m a Dirty Dinosaur! by Janeen Brian and Ann James
- The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales
- Lift-the-Flap Colors
- “Mix a Pancake” poem mini-lesson
- “I Spy”-themed rice toy search bag
- Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by James Dean
- Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London
- Ten Apples on Top by Dr. Seuss
- Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey (and other duck books)
- Ship Shapes by Stella Blackstone (and other shapes books)
- Zoo Flakes by Will C. Howell
The Homeschool Bloggers Network has come together to share 10 Days of Tips for Homeschool Moms.
See below for details on all the other bloggers’ series topics. Click over to read their posts!