This week I want to clarify that I try to keep all the activities that my daughter is to do during her “preschool” time need to fit in one box! I found a great carry-all craft box like this one (affiliate link) that has a few compartments. It works really well, and I need it to be self-contained since I usually have my arms full of other things for the class that I teach!
My daughter has shown an interest in shapes recently, so I decided to put together a few shape activities for the adults who watch Strawberry to do with her. Here’s what her workbox includes this week.
- Two books about shapes.
- Lacing hearts
- Two shapes activities from Life Over C’s free product. One is a matching game, and the other is a coloring booklet.
- Popsicle stick shapes with Velcro dots to connect them.
- Binoculars for a “shape hunt,” along with some shaped stickers and crayons for decorating.
- (Not pictured) Shape pattern tiles and templates from various source, found via Real Life at Home. (Sorry…somehow I forgot a picture of these!)
- (Not pictured) A small dollar-store peg board game shaped like a square with a triangle of pegs. Strawberry likes to play with this and I figured it was loosely related to shapes, so why not?!
- (Not pictured) Strawberry’s shapes cube puzzle. She’s shown an interest in this lately. I always thought of it as a toy for much younger kids, but she likes the satisfaction of doing the puzzle, and she likes to correct herself and be silly when she does it wrong on purpose.
And that is it! I hope she has fun today in her toddler school while I teach my reading and writing class.
Every Wednesday, come here to link up your workbox posts. If you cannot post it on Wednesday, don’t worry. The linky is open all month. So link up your workbox posts and let us know what you do to teach your kids and keep them busy. Please visit my co-hosts at Chestnut Grove Academy and Tots and Me as well!
What is in your workbox this week? Link up your Workbox posts below:
Unless otherwise noted, images on these posts are either taken by myself or are used under a no attribution required license from pixabay.com, Dollar Photo Club, depositphotos.com, or GraphicStock.com (affiliate links).