Although my son and I have been drilling multiplication times two and times three lately, we needed a break from the multiplication. This week, we went back to some basic subtraction practice using my BUNDLE of Subtraction activities just perfect for the Valentine’s Day season.
Subtraction Hearts is subtraction practice for numbers 25 and less. It includes more than 60 pages of practice including the following games and activities:
- A number line from 0 to 25 (4 versions)
- Matching game: match the equation to the answer
- I Have, Who Has? for 24 students or teams.
- Six subtraction worksheets (answers included)
- Subtraction Hearts True or False File Folder Game (match the equation to the correct side of the folder based on whether or not it is true)
- Bingo cards (26 unique cards with numbers up to 20 and 20 calling cards with equations)
I’d say my son’s favorite activity this time around was probably the True or False equations. What could be more fun than pretending to eat chocolates and candies?
For our homeschool classroom, I Have, Who Has? becomes more of a puzzle as we try to put the cards in the proper order. I made the subtraction cards in my game go in a circle so we could start at any point.
We had a lot of fun reviewing subtraction! Since this was an activity for subtraction less than 25, it rather easy for Raisin. The variety of activities included helped make the review fun for him.
Are you looking for something like this? Get it at the three shops indicated below.