- We learned how to say the names of some family members.
- We practiced the names of our loved ones by playing a simple game on cute hearts.
- We practiced conjugating “ser” so we could tell our loved ones some compliments.
- I also made some “conversation hearts” and we learned the vocabulary on them.
- Then we made Valentines for our loved ones!
I especially loved how the youngest of kids made Spanish valentines for their mothers. The older (fourth and fifth grade) boys were not keen on making anything. At any rate, it was a ton of fun to practice using our limited Spanish to do something so practical!
The product I pulled together with this mini-lesson and game has been selling well on my TPT store. Since today is the big day, I guess it is too late to take it an incorporate it in to your own lesson, but here it is in case you still want to use it in the future! Learning how to talk about our extended family is fun any time of the year. [ecwid_product id=”41358503″ display=”picture title price addtobag” version=”2″ show_border=”1″ show_price_on_button=”0″ center_align=”1″]