This week I thought I’d send some fun numbers activities and games in my daughter’s workbox. I’m finding that because she’s such an active one, I’ve got to give her lots of active games each week. I can picture her spreading these games out on the floor to enjoy.
- Numbers (1-5) tubes. I found this activity on Pinterest (see the blog post here) and I loved it! I was able to replicate it without too many difficulties, and Strawberry enjoys playing with the set.
- Ducky Counting (posted as a freebie at my shop). I made this a few months ago. My daughter loves her ducks!
- Numbers counting mats. This was an inexpensive game I bought for my son when he was young. My daughter likes matching the numbers and the backside has places to match the items to the correct room it belongs in.
- Self-Correcting Number Puzzles (1-6). These game from a larger game (afflink) that I got years ago! I only selected out the 1-6 cards so Strawberry can play with a limited number of puzzles at a time.
- Puzzle Counting Book. Books are so much fun when they are also puzzles! This Caillou book was a gift (afflink).
- Miscellaneous picture books about numbers concepts. (not pictured). I have 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed and Chicka-Chicka 1-2-3 (afflinks). I may find more to add in!
What do you do to introduce number concepts to your young child?
Every Wednesday, come here to link up your workbox posts. If you cannot post it on Wednesday, don’t worry. The linky is open all month. So link up your workbox posts and let us know what you do to teach your kids and keep them busy. Please visit my co-hosts at Chestnut Grove Academy and Tots and Me as well! What is in your workbox this week?
Unless otherwise noted, images on these posts are either taken by myself or are used under a no attribution required license from pixabay.com, Dollar Photo Club, depositphotos.com, or GraphicStock.com (affiliate links).